Wednesday, May 9, 2012

RAPPER MUNACHI ABII ENGAGES MODE 9 IN WAR OF WORDS

Beauty queen turned rapper, Munachi Abii otherwise known as Muna have engaged veteran rapper, Mode 9 in war of words.
Both rappers were engaged in a word battle at the just concluded “Nokia Dont Break the Beat” rap contest which took place at the GET Arena on Saturday, April 28, 2012.
Modenine who happens to be the head judge for the competition alongside DJ Jimmy JATT and Knighthouse record label boss Rogba Arimoro had decided that ‘T.K.O’ (a contestant)  had won the final rap bout, with the first runner  up being Black Jeez.
Muna sought a different opinion and made it known as she contended the judges’ decision by saying she did not agree with the decision, claiming she had a say in the judgement.
‘I don’t agree with you but, my opinion matters too, you know’, Muna told Modenine.
A clearly pissed off Modenine tried to clear Muna as to what her role as a host should be and how vastly experienced he was a Hip-Hop veteran. ‘I’ve been listening to hip-hop for a long time, trust me, you have to respect my opinion’, the rap veteran told Muna right in front of the crowd.
‘I’ve also been listening to Hip-Hop for a long time, I respect your decision but my opinion matters, please pass the mic men’, Muna rudely replied Modenine right in front of the mammoth crowd.
Speaking with Nigezie right after the show, Modenine said ‘she was very disrespectful but I had to put her in check immediately. I was called here to judge because of my level of experience….It was very wrong for her to just cut me off’.
For DJ Jimmy Jatt, what she did was  very wrong. Judges are judges, comperes are comperes’. The veteran DJ disclosed that there were other things Muna was doing wrong on stage but they all decided to overlook it.
We learnt from a source that Muna has yet to issue an apology to Modenine nor other judges since the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment